- Always store paper flat. Never lay it on its edge as this can cause curling.
- Store paper away from damp/moist areas such as basements.
- Store paper in its wrapper to prevent absorption of moisture from the air. Store wrapped paper in the carton.
- Keep paper away from direct sunlight to prevent it from drying out or fading.
- Before using, paper should be acclimated to room temperature. Make sure your paper has been in the same room as the machine for at least 24 – 48 hours.
- Paper has a top and bottom surface. The side where the seam of the wrapper overlaps is the bottom. Place paper in the feed tray bottom surface down. This will reduce or eliminate curling, which can cause paper jams.
- If paper is left in the feed tray for any length of time, it can dry out and cause static. If the paper is jamming, remove it from the tray and turn it over. This will place the paper that still has some moisture at the top of the stack, eliminating the static problem.
- Never mix different types of paper in the same paper tray. The slight difference in the paper types may cause the machine to jam when it goes from one type to the other. Remove one type of paper before loading another type.
- Some copiers cannot accept paper heavier than 20 or 24 lb. Bond. Be sure to check the paper specifications for your machine.
©Copyright 2002 Gestetner